Saturday 25 July 2015

Yay! I'm back with another new post!!! :)

Hi guys! Might as well write another post since I have so much time on my hands right now. Really trying to stick to the "post once a week" schedule - I think I'm succeeding this time! :P 

Tamashii, probably one of the BEST Japanese ramen in Hong Kong! I have tried many ramen chains in Hong Kong, but this one is simply delectable - the BEST of the best. I thought Butao was great too, but Tamashii beats it by about 1 point! (Butao: 8/10, Tamashii: 9/10)

Getting to this place is a little bit annoying. You have to get to the other side of Causeway Bay by walking through the bus terminus! Otherwise, you can just take the bus to South Pacific Hotel and walk for about a minute before getting there. I definitely prefer the latter form of transportation, instead of getting off at the Times Square MTR because that's just annoying as hell! :(

Anyway, I hope you will enjoy my review on Tamashii! I think there's another branch in Jordan, but the one in Causeway Bay is the original branch, and I do think original is better! 

Review:

Tamashii has about 4 different kinds of ramen: original, spicy, squid ink and spinach! Since this is my first time trying Tamashii's ramen, I've decided to go for the original. The original ramen (Tamashii) came with a half-boiled egg, fish cake, a huge piece of char siu, large seaweed and spring onions! Really impressed with the ingredients used because in other restaurant chains, you have to pay EXTRA for the half-boiled egg. :/

For the noodles, they were AMAZING. Springy, bouncy, al dente ramen noodles! We're talking about REAL RAMEN, not those Hakata style ramen that's super thin! Moreover, the tonkotsu broth was so thick and flavourful, and it was just a great asset to this ramen dish! I really love thick ramen soups, especially those bursting with flavour! Some people like thin and light soups, but of course, personal preference! :)

Tamashii (original) Ramen
Price: 
HKD $89 for Tamashii (original)

Ratings:
Taste: ★★★

Value for Money: ★★
Presentation: ★★★
Environment: ★★★
Overall: ★★★


Address:
中文: 
銅鑼灣霎西街18C號地下
English: G/F, 18C Sharp Street West, Causeway Bay

Tagged: , , ,

1 comment: