Thursday 12 February 2015

Hey everyone! :)

Beef noodles are awesome. Chicken noodles are awesome. Mutton noodles are awesome. I love meat and noodles so much it's not even funny.

This beef noodles restaurant is located in North Point, about a 2-3 minute walk from the North Point MTR Station. It's located on a slope, where there are a few other restaurants and a Monkey Tree tuition centre. This restaurant serves food in Tibetan style and is also a certified Halal restaurant.

My parents found this place when they were venturing around North Point finding a place to eat. Who knew that stumbling upon this place would bring back even more visits, and even dragging my brother and I along to try out the famous beef noodles.

This place is relatively crowded every night as it is a hotspot for many people. There are limited seats as the restaurant is quite small, so be sure to get there early or else you would have to wait with the rest of the crowd for a while!

Review:

Since I'm a HUGE fan of mutton, my go-to dish is the mutton noodles. Although there are the famous beef noodles, and chicken noodles if you're not a fan of beef and mutton. In my opinion, the mutton noodles are unique. When I say unique, it's a positive kind of unique. The mutton doesn't taste like the mutton you eat outside, like lamb chops, mutton brisket or mutton slices. The mutton in this shop is very well seasoned, and the meat is very tender and easy to chew unlike mutton in outside shops. The mutton is also very fragrant and by the smell, you can tell it's going to be a good dish. :)

The soup is also very well seasoned and it tastes very good with the noodles and meat. The soup is particularly good on a cold day, and it can instantly warm your insides up. Moreover, the noodles are soft - not too hard, not too soft), and a generous amount of noodles were given. You can have two choices of noodles: thick noodles or thin noodles. For me, I chose the thick noodles because the thicker the better right? Both noodles are similar just that one is thicker/thinner than the other; it's based on preference. For me, I usually enjoy thicker noodles, which was why I chose thick noodles for the dish.

Besides having mutton and noodles, there are also radish, coriander and spring onion. Usually, I dislike having these in my soup noodles but this restaurant is an exception! The coriander really enhances and brings out the smell and taste of the noodles. The radish is very soft and easy to bite into; some radishes can be hard to bite and I have strong teeth! Spring onions - nothing special about it since spring onions are just spring onions.  I love spring onions so much; they make everything taste better!

Mutton Noodles 羊肉扁麵
At first glance, any person would think that these are pork sausages. Guess what, they're not! They're actually chicken sausages! Remember, this restaurant is Halal certified so people who are unable to eat pork can freely enjoy sausages at this restaurant. :) The sausages have a special type of seasoning which I have never tasted before. It can be quite salty if you don't have a "salty tooth", but other than that it tastes really good and it's one of the dishes I highly recommend you to try out!

BBQ Chicken Sausage Skewer 
I never knew barbequed vegetables could taste so good... The wintermelon skewer tastes quite sweet. It isn't as seasoned as the sausages but you can still taste the seasoning. The thing about this skewer which makes it so good is that it is a mixture of seasoning and the sweet taste of the wintermelon! I think this is a good choice if you're looking for a healthy skewer alternative, or if you're vegetarian. Nevertheless, you should definitely try this dish if you happen to stop by at the restaurant!

BBQ Wintermelon Skewer 孜然翠肉
Chicken skewers! I think chicken is alright, not the biggest fan of it. Actually, this chicken skewer is very juicy and you can see the juice dripping from the skewer when it's served to you. This is also very well seasoned and cooked to perfection! It's a very tender, juicy skewer and if you're a chicken lover, there is no doubt that you will love this side order!

BBQ Chicken Skewer 孜然烤雞肉 
BEEF IS HEAVENLY. You can choose the original flavoured beef skewer or you can choose the Mala flavoured beef skewer, also known as "麻辣" in Chinese. Since my tolerance towards spicy food is low, I ate the original flavoured beef skewer. The beef, although the appearance looks tough, is actually tender and easy to bite off and chew. The beef isn't dry and the flavour is very appetizing. Overall, the beef skewer is good if you like Mala/spicy beef, as I heard that it's more popular than the original flavour. I personally prefer the mutton skewer, which is one of the more popular side dishes!

BBQ Beef Skewer 孜然烤牛肉
Price:
$42HKD for a bowl of noodles, $8-$49HKD for BBQ skewers.

Ratings:

Taste: ★★★

Value for Money: ★★

Presentation: ★★★
Environment: ★★★
Overall: ★★★

Address:

中文: 北角英皇道406-408號康威商場地下10號舖
English: Shop 10, G/F, Everwin Building, 406-408 King's Road, North Point  

Tagged: , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment