Sunday 26 April 2015

Hi, I'm back with another post! :)

This time, I'm going to be talking about Lamb Rack in Kowloon City. Apparently, it's a French restaurant but I can't seem to make out how it's French so I'll just assume that it's Western.

I decided to try the lunch sets because they're relatively cheap compared to the dinner sets. I have to say that their portions are relatively big compared to other stores, so I was quite pleased when the food arrived and I felt it was worth the $50-$60 that I have spent.

The amount of lunch set choices is very wide, as I believe there are about 20 sets to choose from! Usually, restaurants give you about 3-5 lunch sets to choose from the menu, so I was surprised when I was presented with 20! *laughcry*

Review:

The first time I tried this restaurant, I decided to give this set a go. I forgot which set it was on the menu, but it has pictures for your reference. This lunch set included soup (either vegetable or cream soup), bread, the main course and a drink. I decided to go for the pork chop (you can choose either chicken steak, pork chop, beef fillet, or chicken wings), with the spaghetti in Russian Borsch. 

I have to say that I was so full after eating! I swear my stomach was about to burst from the amount of food in my stomach. I really enjoyed the pork chop because it was quite big and it was grilled/pan-fried (my favourite), and the seasoning was just on point! Moreover, the pork chop was tender and juicy, which totally won over my heart. 

I felt that the spaghetti in Russian Borsch was just normal, nothing special. The spaghetti was tasteless, so I'm guessing they cooked the soup and spaghetti separately instead of together...

Overall, this was a pretty good meal! I wouldn't mind eating this lunch set again, if only it wasn't so much. In addition, this is the cheapest meal on the menu and they gave quite a lot so... You can only imagine how much better (or worse maybe) the other meals are! 

Pork Chop with Spaghetti in Russian Borsch
The second time I came to Lamb Rack, I decided to try the grilled Brazilian BBQ pork chop with mashed potatoes. At first glance, it looked really good, the BBQ sauce glazed over the pork chop, and it's grilled very nicely.

The first bite was good too, and the BBQ sauce filled my taste buds and I really did like it. However, as you keep eating it, you will soon realise it gets quite sickening, that the BBQ sauce doesn't actually taste that good after a while, and it will lose its appeal after a few bites. Yes, the pork chop was still tender, but it wasn't that juicy because the BBQ sauce and glaze took all the attention and I was quite sick of it after finishing it off. 

The mashed potatoes were alright, they're quite tasteless, so you have to add in a dash of salt and pepper to spice it up a bit. Actually, eating the mashed potatoes tasted better after finishing the BBQ pork chop because for me, I was just so sick of it, the mashed potatoes was my escape from the BBQ taste. 

Needless to say, I don't think I will be trying this lunch set again...

Brazilian BBQ Pork Chop with Mashed Potatoes
Price: 
Lunch: $50-$100
Grilled Pork Chop with Spaghetti in Russian Borsch: $50
Brazilian BBQ Pork Chop with Mashed Potatoes: $60

Ratings:

Taste: ★★★★
Value for Money: ★★★★★
Presentation: ★★★★☆

Environment: ★★★
Overall: ★★★★☆

Address:

中文: 九龍城福佬村道22號地舖
English: G/F, 22 Fuk Lo Tsun Road, Kowloon City 

Tagged: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment