Friday 20 February 2015

Hi!

So it's been a while since I last posted, but now I'm back!

Street food in Sham Shui Po has always been my favourite. Sure, there's street food in Mong Kok and Causeway Bay as well, but the food just isn't as abundant and cheap compared to Sham Shui Po. You can get some "deals", such as having a large bowl of curry fishballs for $20! There's actually a lot of fishballs in that bowl so it is worth it.

There are some places where there's stick fishballs, worth about $9 for 6 fishballs. It isn't worth it compared to the ones you can find in Sham Shui Po. Plus in Sham Shui Po, there is a lot more variety fo foods available, such as pig organ soup (which smells heavenly), fish and cabbage soup (yum, with lots of pepper it's better), and just a lot more choices really.

Sham Shui Po has always been my go to place for street food, and I'll be updating this post regularly since I can add different kinds of street food to this post. I've recently started taking pictures of the street food I eat, so stay tuned!

Review:

This bowl of fishballs costs me about $15, and there's about 15 fishballs in the bowl. I find it quite cheap because where else can you get such a good deal besides Snack Express? However, the fishballs in Snack Express can't compare to the really good ones in Sham Shui Po, so I would say that Sham Shui Po's deal is more worth it. :)

Sham Shui Po's fishballs are my absolute favourite. I swear you could go to any street food stall in that area and have really good fishballs. I was wandering around trying to find the store I always go to, but I came across this one instead and decided to try it. Of course, I still prefer the original store I went to but this one isn't bad.

I ordered the non-spicy fishballs and surprisingly, they still had some taste. It wasn't just only fishballs cooked in water, unlike some places I know. The fishballs were bouncy and chewy and it tasted really good - I gobbled it all up in about 5 minutes.

I don't know the specific address for this place, but you just have to take the MTR, alight at Sham Shui Po station and get out at Exit A2. Right across the MTR station, you will see a street food stall and that's the one you're looking for!

Non-spicy Fishballs 原味魚蛋
Close up of the fishballs. 

Tagged: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment