Monday 16 February 2015

Hey! :)

I'm sure a lot of people love ice cream, and are paying a lot of money for it. With ice cream stores such as iCremeria, Lab Made, and Via Tokyo, it is rather difficult to find ice cream shops that sell cheap and delicious ice cream (McDonald's doesn't count).

No fear, Tezukur No Mise offers cheap AND tasty ice cream! A small cone is $9HKD, and if you can upgrade it to a large cone for $16HKD! Due to its cheap costs, this shop attracts more customers compared to other shops because you can get a large cone for just $16HKD! What a deal! Moreover, this shop sells Japanese ice cream, and everybody knows Japanese ice cream is the bomb.com. ;)

Review:

I didn't try these two flavours as my brother was the one who ate it. He chose the double scoop ice cream, in strawberry and durian flavour. According to my brother, the strawberry ice cream was very good, and the durian ice cream did taste like durian, but it wasn't a strong durian taste. As my family is Singaporean, we expected the durian taste to be very strong. I felt that the presentation of the double scoop cone very good, as it is difficult to 1) have two perfect scoops of ice cream 2) fit one on top of the other without it being lopsided. In my opinion, Tezukuri made it look very nice overall and it definitely doesn't look sloppy.

Strawberry & Durian Double Scoop, Large Cone
So here's my ice cream cone, the smaller one compared to the double scoop. I chose chocolate ice cream (as always), because I'm a huge lover of chocolate. It is my go-to ice cream flavour no matter how light or dark it is, though the darker the better! The presentation of the ice cream was good, it was very round and it fit the cone perfectly.

The chocolate taste was there but not very strong, so to improve it, I suppose the chocolate taste could be stronger. It was creamy, and it had chocolate bits in it! However, the ice cream melts relatively quickly compared to McDonald's ice cream, so I had no choice but to gobble it up. However, this cone is just $9HKD, so what can you expect from ice cream that's so cheap?

Despite what I've said, it is actually pretty good, the ice cream was smooth and it did taste good, though there could be improvements of course. Perhaps, I'll go for the green tea flavour next time, which is said to be one of the more popular ones. Other flavours that are recommended are the mint chocolate, cookies & cream, rum raisin, and peach.

I will definitely be coming back to try the other flavours because it's cheap and it tastes good; I wouldn't mind trying the recommended flavours if they do taste better than the chocolate one (and the chocolate one tastes pretty good already)!

Chocolate Single Scoop, Small Cone
Price:
$9HKD for small cone with single scoop
$16HKD for large cone with double scoops

Ratings:
Taste: ★★★
Value for Money: ★★
Presentation: ★★★
Environment: ★★★
Overall: ★★★

Address:

中文: 將軍澳坑口東港城1樓1號小食亭 
English: Food Kiosk 1, 1/F, East Point City, Hang Hau, Tseung Kwan O, N.T.

Tagged: , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment