Sunday 8 February 2015

Hi everyone!

I am really excited to blog about Snow Story! I have been seeing these desserts all over Openrice and been very intrigued by how cute and delicious they look! I decided to go one day with a few of my friends since class got cancelled and there you have it, another one of Sheryle's random food adventures! We reached Snow Story at about 3:30pm, and it was already quite crowded. The space is very limited, so hopefully you go at the right time. Anytime from 4-6pm is sure to be crowded with schoolgirls/boys!

The three flavours I tried were Oreo, Macaron and Original. There were obviously other flavours, but well, my stomach can only take in so much! I really wanted to try the ice cream sandwiched macaron, but perhaps I will next time.

Snow Story 눈이야기, so pink!
Review: 

Okay, so this one is the original flavour bingsu. I didn't eat this one, but I did have a bite of it. It's mostly a slush of ice with condensed milk, nuts, mochi and injeolmi powder! I didn't fancy the nuts too much, and the mochi was a bit hard to chew. It tasted quite bland compared to the Oreo and Macaroon bingsu, but then again, it's original right? To be honest, I thought it was quite disappointing because the Injeolmi bingsu was supposed to be the most well-known flavour in bingsu shops, but it tasted average. 

Injeolmi Sherbet 인절미빙수
So this one, is the Oreo Sherbet! Snow Story was really generous in giving about 6 Oreos, with lots and lots of Oreo crumbs! It was delicious! Adding condensed milk really enhances the flavour, and hey, this is coming from someone who doesn't prefer condensed milk! Make sure you mix it really well and eat it together with the ice cream! Overall, I must say that this is a really good dish if you want to try, it's also one of the more popular bingsu choices among teenagers. 

Oreo Sherbet 오레오빙수 
Last but not least, this is the Snow Rainbow Macaron Sherbet! I didn't eat this one as well but I did sample a little! It's a very girly dessert at first glance, so having a guy eat this dessert is a bit awkward and funny! It is a very colourful dessert, with a scoop of strawberry ice cream, multi-coloured macarons and spoonfuls of colourful flakes. It tastes very sweet because of the macarons, but adding condensed milk makes it even sweeter! This dessert seems to be very popular among girls because of its presentation, but it tasted alright from my experience. 

Snow Rainbow Macaron Sherbet 무지개마카롱
Price: 
The price ranges depending on what you order. Usually, it costs about $50-60 depending on the flavour. If you're interested in the ice cream sandwich macaron, it's about $38. 

Ratings:
Taste: 
Value for Money: ★★★☆☆
Presentation: ★★★★★
Environment: ★★★☆☆
Overall: ★★★☆☆

Address:
中文: 旺角通菜街119號地舖
English: G/F, 119 Tung Choi Street, Mong Kok

Tagged: , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment